Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God and McDonalds

So, Bryce has been asking a lot of questions about God and Jesus. A couple of weeks ago, Bryce asked Chuy what God does, and Chuy told him that God makes things. "How does God make things?" "Well, he says something and then it is made."

A couple of days later, Bryce and I were driving to Story City and we discussed stopping at McDonalds in Story City to get a bite to eat. He was sitting in the back seat and he held up a golf tee. "So, God said golf tee and this tee was made?" I thought briefly about how much I really wanted to explain and decided I would take the easy way out, "Yup", I said. He sat there for about 10 more minutes and then he asks, "So, God said McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds, and all the McDonalds were made?"

After I stopped laughing, I went back to the golf tee and explained that God made the tree, people made the golf tee. You never know what will come out next...

No comments: